Acrylic Spray Texture Overlay
“THE ORIGINAL Spray Texture Overlay Since 1970”
Classic Texture Overview
Have you ever walked across a comfortable and safe pool deck in your lifetime? If so, it was more than likely the Sundek classic texture, the decorative concrete application that assisted in launching the decorative concrete industry. There are many effects and custom effects that can be achieved in combination with Sundek Classic Texture to enhance any project including: SunStamp Tuscan, various aggregate effects, masonry effects, and custom score cut lines.Classic Texture Gallery
Projects Featuring Classic Texture (click to enlarge)
Classic Texture Concrete Coating Video
Classic Texture Overview
The Sundek Classic Texture is the decorative concrete application that helped launch an industry. If you’ve ever walked across a textured pool deck in your lifetime and it was comfortable and safe, the chances are great that it was Sundek Classic Texture can be combined with Custom Scoreline, Masonry effects, Aggregate Effects, SunStamp, Tuscan and all other applications to enhance your project.
Features and benefits: SUNDEK’s Classic Texture is the original spray texture overlay system. CLASSIC texture is widely accepted by architects, major commercial properties, military installations and homeowners due to some of the following benefits:
- Slip-resistant texture ensures a safe environment under all types of conditions.
- The non-porous acrylic finish coat keeps dirt, oils & chemicals from penetrating the coating resulting in reduced time and money spent on maintenance.
- The varying degrees of texture in the CLASSIC system produce a comfortable walking surface to the bare foot…cooler than concrete, brick or tile.
- One of the most economical & durable decorative concrete coatings available.
- 3-5 step process allows for a variety of design effects while providing a consistent chemical bond with the concrete and each step applied.
Where to use it: CLASSIC texture is ideal for:
- Pool Deck Surrounds
- Horizontal & Vertical
- Commercial & Residential
How it’s done: SUNDEK CLASSIC texture is an acrylic water-base spray texture system that is sprayed onto a surface and then “knocked” down with a trowel’s edge. This process creates a texture that is slip resistant and comfortable to walk on. Once the texture has dried, an acrylic finish coat is sprayed in 2 coats that provides the final color and layer of protection. Design templates can be added to create the look of brick, tile, stone, tile or custom graphics. Additional effects such as Custom Scoreline (incorporating existing cracks into a custom pattern) or Aggregate Effects (multiple acrylic colors applied to the surface) can be added to help camouflage the elements.