What is concrete resurfacing?
Concrete resurfacing—sometimes called concrete restoration, concrete refinishing, or concrete rejuvenation—begins with an existing concrete slab. After preparing the surface, a concrete overlay (or coating) is applied to the existing concrete. SUNDEK has many resurfacing products that can be customized with a variety of colors, textures, patterns, and masonry effects.
When our clients tell us what they want in their concrete pool deck, three qualities always top the list: safe, comfortable to walk on, and beautiful. SUNDEK delivers on all three. Learn how we can take a faded, cracked, slippery pool deck and refinish it, giving you a surface you’ll love.
A patio is often the most used area in an outdoor space, so making it durable and attractive is a top priority for many homeowners and business owners. Even if your concrete patio is uneven or cracked, SUNDEK can apply a concrete overlay and customize it to give it a look you love.
A simple gray concrete driveway is functional, but a decorative concrete driveway is functional and transforms the look of a home or business. We can apply a concrete overlay and customize its look—all while making it a durable surface that can withstand vehicle and foot traffic.
Walks & Porches
The walkway and porch of your residence or business is like the welcome mat of your property, and SUNDEK’s decorative coatings are the perfect way to enhance your curb appeal.
Decorative concrete is a great flooring solution for indoors. From restaurants to garage floors, it’s hypoallergenic, easy to clean, and can be customized to fit the style of any residence or business.
The variety of concrete resurfacing options available through SUNDEK means you can get the exact color, texture, pattern, and style you want for your outdoor space. If you have a new patio and an outdated walkway, we can design your walkway to match or coordinate with your patio. If you love the look of the driveway of a neighbor down the street, we can replicate the look. Did you see a picture in a magazine of a pool deck you love? Show us, and we’ll figure out how to create that same look. The options are endless.
Concrete Resurfacing Cost
The cost of concrete resurfacing varies depending on where you live. Your project’s cost will also depend on the condition of your existing surface. Contact your local SUNDEK contractor to get a quote.
How to Resurface Concrete
Here’s an overview of the installation process (details vary depending on which products are used):
- Prepare & Repair. Etch, grind, or shot blast the concrete surface to make it porous. Fix cracks or other existing damage.
- Clean & Prime. Clean with a pressure washer and let surface thoroughly dry. Apply primer if necessary.
- Mix Product. Following instructions, mix the product to prepare it for application. Mix in color if necessary.
- Apply Overlay. Depending on the desired look, apply the overlay by spraying, rolling, or troweling.
- Add Patterns & Texture. This is completed using hand-trowels, rakes, stamps and other specialty tools.
- Cure & Seal. After the overlay cures, add a sealer for additional protection. Customers often ask us if outdoor concrete needs to be sealed, and our answer is always yes. A sealer will preserve the look of your concrete surface for longer. It also enhances its stain resistance and makes it easier to maintain.
Resurfacing concrete is not easy. Our professional contractors can do it for you. Find a local contractor.