Are you interested in updating your worn, dated, or damaged concrete? The good news is you don’t have to rip it out and start over. SUNDEK can apply a concrete coating to your existing concrete and customize it with the colors, textures, and patterns of your choice. We’ve been resurfacing pool decks, patios, driveways, walkways, porches, and other outdoor concrete surfaces for almost 50 years.
What is concrete resurfacing?
Concrete resurfacing (sometimes called concrete refinishing ) begins with an existing concrete surface. After preparing the surface, a concrete overlay (or coating) is applied to the existing concrete. Take a look at SUNDEK’s concrete resurfacing products to see some of the colors, textures, and masonry effects that we can add.
Outdoor areas SUNDEK can resurface
When we ask our clients to tell us what they want in their updated pool deck, three qualities always top the list: safe, comfortable to walk on, and beautiful. SUNDEK delivers on all three. Learn how we can take a faded, cracked, slippery pool deck and refinish it, giving you a pool deck you love to spend time on.
A patio is often the most used area in an outdoor space, so making it durable and attractive is a top priority for many homeowners and business owners. Even if your concrete patio is uneven or cracked, SUNDEK can apply a concrete overlay and customize it to give it a look you love.
While a simple gray concrete driveway is functional, a decorative concrete driveway can transform the look of a home or business. SUNDEK can apply a concrete overlay and customize it in just about any design—all while making it a durable surface that can withstand vehicle and foot traffic.
Do you want to resurface an indoor concrete floor?
Do you want to resurface concrete at your commercial property?
The variety of concrete resurfacing options available through SUNDEK means you can get the exact color, texture, pattern, and style you want for your outdoor space. If you have a new patio and an outdated walkway, we can design your walkway to match or coordinate with your patio. If you love the look of the driveway of a neighbor down the street, we can replicate the look. Did you see a picture in a magazine of a pool deck you love? Show us, and we’ll figure out how to create that same look. The options are endless.
Concrete Resurfacing Cost
The cost of concrete resurfacing varies by region, as the cost of concrete varies depending on where you live. Your project’s cost will also depend on the condition of your existing surface. Contact your local SUNDEK dealer to get a quote.
How to Resurface Concrete
Here’s an overview of the installation process (details vary depending on which products are used):
- Prepare & Repair. Etch, grind, or shot blast the concrete surface to make it porous. Fix cracks or other existing damage.
- Clean & Prime. Pressure wash and let surface thoroughly dry. Apply primer if necessary.
- Mix Product. Following instructions, mix the product to prepare it for application. Mix in color if necessary.
- Apply Overlay. Depending on the desired look, apply the overlay by spraying, rolling, or troweling.
- Add Patterns & Texture. This is completed using hand-trowels, rakes, stamps and other specialty tools.
- Cure & Seal. After the overlay cures, add a sealer for additional protection. Customers often ask us if outdoor concrete needs to be sealed, and our answer is always yes. A sealer will preserve the look of your concrete surface for longer. It also enhances its stain resistance and makes it easier to maintain.
Resurfacing concrete is not easy. Our professional dealers can do it for you. Find a local dealer.