Many people still have the misconception that epoxy floors are only used in residential garages and commercial mechanic shops. While these are common applications, this flooring solution is far more versatile. For instance, this is an ideal choice for hair salons. Among the many benefits, six stand out as being the most important.
1. High Durability and Strength – Epoxy floors are extremely durable and strong. Hair salons see a tremendous amount of foot traffic, so having a floor that can stand up to daily wear and tear is essential.
2. Resistant to Chemicals – Various dyes and other chemicals are used in hair salons. If dropped on a standard floor, it would be stained or seriously damaged. However, products like SunEpoxy 54 and SunEpoxy 100 provide optimal protection. These coatings are highly resistant to multiple chemicals, as well as water and food spills, impact, and more.
3. Easier Cleaning and Maintenance – Another benefit is that both cleaning and maintenance are a breeze. This involves nothing more than sweeping and damp mopping as needed.
4. Improved Safety – Especially in busy hair salons, stylists, hair washers, and front desk personnel scramble to stay on schedule. This creates a risk of falling or slipping. Because epoxy floors are naturally resistant to slippage, employee safety increases. This also reduces the risk of injury for patrons. Yet another safety factor is that this flooring system is resistant to fire.
5. Enhanced Aesthetics – Epoxy floors can be enhanced with color and metallic flakes. This dramatically enhances the floor and the overall decor of the hair salon. This type of flooring can also be patterned or textured, which further enhances the appearance of the business.