Posts By: Sundek Coatings
Although summer has arrived, it is not too late to upgrade the appearance and functionality of your concrete pool deck. If your pool area has started to show signs of wear and tear or if it is outdated and needs to be brought into the 21st century, you have multiple options. Most of the solutions cure and dry fast, which means that you and your guests can be outside having fun in the sun in no time.
An excellent way to give your concrete pool deck a facelift is by using a product called Classic Texture. This Splatter Knockdown finish is formulated to enhance the beauty of the deck while making it more comfortable and safer. Innovatively formulated, this product is easy to clean and maintain, and it comes in a broad selection of colors and textures. It also has a slip-resistant surface, and it is comfortable to walk on so that the surface feels cool to the touch even on the hottest summer days.
SunStone is another exceptional product. A professional installer can apply this on your concrete pool deck and other surfaces in your backyard for a cohesive aesthetic, whether brick, stucco, cinder block, or something else. This product transforms every surface, making it look and feel like quarried stone. With this architectural limestone coating, your new pool deck will look beautiful, as will any other backyard surfaces, including a walkway and patio.
Another option is SunH20, which is a combination of liquid pigments and soluble polymers with an adhesive promoter added. If your goal is to make your concrete pool deck look unique and exciting, this is an outstanding option. You can choose from a host of colors or, for something extraordinary, have the product layered or mixed with different colors. Regardless of your decision, the facelift of your pool deck will exceed your expectations.
Acrylic coatings are not only beautiful but also versatile. Available in water- and solvent-based formulations, acrylics serve as a sealer that protects both horizontal and vertical concrete surfaces.
Compared to epoxy coatings and polyurethane sealers, coatings formulated with acrylic resin are much thinner. That means when used outdoors or indoors on floors, regular maintenance is required. However, most reputable installers apply several coats, which helps remedy that. Acrylic coatings prevent wear and tear, and waxing is not required.
Many people prefer using acrylic coatings due to their benefits. In addition to serving as a thin protective film on concrete surfaces, these coatings are non-yellowing and UV resistant. Also, acrylics offer excellent protection against chlorine and water. For that reason, it is common to find these coatings applied on pool decks. However, because acrylics come in several levels of sheen, they are also outstanding for indoor applications, such as enhancing stamped, exposed aggregate, and colored concrete floors and other surfaces.
Acrylic coatings are ideal for quick-turnaround projects. As an example, if you have a dinner party planned or an upcoming pool party, acrylics dry in about an hour. As a result, you can have a coating applied and be ready for your special occasion in no time.
Although numerous products exist, SunColor is one of the best on the market today. This water-based acrylic is easy to clean and abrasion resistant. This product is also available in several beautiful colors, including Coral, Mojave Sand, Brick Red, Peking Blue, Brandy Wine, Indian Wheat, Slate Blue, and a host of others. With so many options, you can give personality and character to any interior or exterior concrete surface. For something extraordinary, acrylic colors are customizable. Give your home’s interior a boost or get ready for summer by protecting your outdoor decorative concrete.
While choosing the right garage floor system is important regardless of how you use this space, your decision becomes even more critical if you spend time in the garage rebuilding cars. Regardless if this is a hobby or a source of income, you need a floor that can meet the high demands associated with rebuilding cars.
Epoxy and polyaspartic solutions are at the top of the list of possibilities. These coatings are formulated to withstand a tremendous amount of use and abuse. As an example, SunOne is a unique polyaspartic concrete coating that offers a host of benefits. This garage floor system can stand up to things like hot tire marks, dropped tools, oil and grease, chemical spills, and more.
As a bonus, this polyaspartic coating looks stunning thanks to the broad selection of colors and textures. Another unique feature of this garage floor system is that standing and walking on the surface are more comfortable. Because of that, you can spend longer hours rebuilding cars without experiencing muscle fatigue.
An acid-based stain, such as SunH20, is yet another excellent solution for a garage floor system, especially if you want incredible benefits coupled with a unique aesthetic. You probably spend as much time as possible rebuilding cars, so why not give your space personality and character?
This type of stain offers two standout features. First, because the stain penetrates the concrete surface, the color is permanent. Second, after the stain penetrates, it reacts to chemicals in the concrete, which results in a gorgeous and one-of-a-kind look. That means that even if all of your car-building friends choose the same color stain, your garage floors will look unique. The bottom line is that you need a garage floor system that is strong, durable, and long lasting, as well as pleasing to the eye.
Having a huge selection of decorative concrete systems is exciting, each with unique color, texture, pattern, and design options. However, because there are so many choices, you may feel a little overwhelmed when trying to select just one. Even though each system is unique, they are all exceptional. To make the decision-making process easier, it would help to spend a little time learning about the various systems and what they offer. Along with the information provided, you can always speak to a Sundek representative, who will gladly guide you through the process based on your specific needs.
- Concrete Stains – You have a choice of water- and acid-based stains, both outstanding decorative concrete systems. The difference between the two is that an acid-based stain penetrates the concrete surface, where it reacts to salts and minerals in the concrete. As a result, the color becomes a permanent component with a one-of-a-kind marbled or variegated aesthetic. A water-based stain does not penetrate concrete, but it produces a gorgeous finish that can be enhanced when blended with several colors. A liquid concentrated dye is also available, which dries quickly and comes in stunning colors.
- Decorative Concrete Overlays – Used to repair and resurface existing concrete surfaces, decorative overlays create a new surface that looks gorgeous while being strong, durable, and long lasting. You can stick with the original pattern or design, or the contractor or installer can create something entirely different. A few examples of the best products on the market include Classic Texture, Tuscan, SunStone, and SunStamp.
- Polyaspartic and Epoxy – These decorative concrete surfaces are also used indoors and outdoors as strong, durable, long-lasting, and beautiful coatings. For applications where fast curing is essential, polyaspartic is ideal. While epoxy floors are commonly used in garages, service departments, mechanic shops, and various industrial environments, they are a great solution for the interior of homes and businesses, as well. Epoxy floors come in a range of colors and can be enhanced with gorgeous metallic flakes.
- Acrylic Finishes – Acrylic finishes, which are another type of decorative concrete systems, produce an opaque appearance. Used for indoor and outdoor applications, these finishes can be applied over various concrete surfaces, including decorative, bare, and textured.
- Clear Sealers – While not true decorative concrete systems per se, clear sealers offer a number of benefits. Not only do sealers provide an extra layer for optimal protection, they can be colored to enhance decorative systems in place. These sealers enhance protection against stains, daily foot and vehicle traffic, abrasions, and chemicals.
For a game arcade to provide consumers with the ultimate experience, two primary things are required. First, an arcade needs a great selection of quality gaming machines. Second, it needs decor that entices people to come inside and then stay. When walking into a reputable arcade, people immediately notice certain things, including sounds, lights, color, and design. Smart business owners know that concrete floors are a great way to enhance the overall experience.
Concrete floors are available in many unique color, pattern, texture, and design options. For a game arcade, floors with a bold graphic design have a better opportunity for achieving success. With the right product, virtually any aesthetic is achievable. Therefore, arcade owners can choose a design that complements a specific theme or color scheme. They can also choose floors that attract a specific age group.
One example is a solid colored floor using the Classic Texture product, coupled with fun gaming terms or designs. Even different colors can be used to create sections based on the type of games. In other words, the area with pinball machines could be a bright orange with a pinball design in the center. For shooting games, the floor could be bright red with a gun design featured.
Not only do concrete floors enhance the interior space and improve the gamers’ experience, they work well for marketing purposes. Products like SunEpoxy 54 or SunEpoxy 100 in a darker color with metallic flakes added could be the foundation. In the center of the floor, a bright and bold design featuring the company’s logo could be added. This creates a wow factor while marketing the brand.
With endless possibilities, arcade owners can be as creative as they want with concrete floors. As people enter an arcade, they initially look down to see where they are walking, so using the right colors and designs is important for making a huge and lasting impact.