Posts By: Sundek Coatings
Has your pool deck seen better days? With summer fast-approaching, now is the perfect time to do something about it. Fortunately, you can rely on premium maintenance products from Sundek to breathe new life into your pool area. Because of that, there is no reason to live with a dirty dungy pool deck.
Top Product Choices
- SunKleen – This general-purpose cleaner works incredibly well. Especially for grease or oil spots commonly found around pools due to suntan lotion and cream, SunKleen penetrates and cleans.
- SunSpot – This highly concentrated solvent is another powerful yet safe degreaser. Made from citrus fruit oils, it too removes oil and grease from decorative concrete surfaces.
- SunTough – When resurfacing your pool deck with a decorative concrete overlay, this innovative product prepares the concrete surface so that when a professional installer begins the job, the overlay will react and penetrate better. That ensures a beautiful surface that will provide you with many years of enjoyment.
Thanks to these products, keeping your pool area in pristine condition has never been easier.
Cleaning Your Pool Deck
Experts recommend that you hose off the deck and use either a push broom or squeegee to remove as much standing water as possible. Then, as soon as you notice a stain, oil or grease spot, or other surface issues, you can use one of the other products mentioned, followed by rinsing well.
Whether you are dealing with oil, chemicals, shoe marks, food or beverage stains, or even tree sap, you have viable options for tackling the problem. In no time, you can open your pool for the summer and keep it in perfect condition throughout the season. If you handle the cleaning of the pool deck, be sure to pay attention to the instructions of the product you use.
Over the years, Sundek’s dealers’ decorative concrete projects have received multiple awards for their work. Sundek corporate now has dedicated a place on their website to begin showcasing its award-winning concrete projects starting in 2009. For almost 50 years, people throughout the country have come to depend on Sundek products. Its overlays, stains, acrylic finishes, epoxies, and other products surpass customer expectations.
The following are some examples of the awards won for Sundek’s decorative concrete projects to give you a better idea of what Sundek can do and how inspiring these systems are for concrete surfaces.
2009 Potomac Club
A professional installer used Sundek’s Classic Texture to create a stunning custom mural. The design, which coordinated with the building’s architectural features, depicted bold colored crashing waves on a wall next to the indoor pool. Sundek received second place for using a vertical overlay spray texture covering more than 1,500 square feet.
2012 Columbia Parc and Lincoln Park Towers
Contractors worked with Sundek via Concrete Coatings Inc. and Sundek of Illinois, respectively, to get two, first-place awards for decorative concrete projects. For Columbia Parc, Sundek products helped revitalize a 3,350-square-foot pool deck and 735-square-foot splash park following Hurricane Katrina.
For Lincoln Park Towers, the owners chose Sundek to give the pool deck and patio a facelift. Working with a professional team, a herringbone and soldier course brick design using Classic Texture transformed both areas.
Already in 2018, Sundek has received three first-place and one second-place award for its incredible decorative concrete projects. The first was the Brock residence. The homeowners wanted to turn a garage into a man cave. Thanks to Sundek of San Antonio, they accomplished their goal. The second award was the University of Texas project in which Sundek products custom designed SA Student University Housing.
The third award was for work done at The First Presbyterian Church of St. Louis. Decorative concrete resurfacing gave the sanctuary a fresh, new look. As for the second-place award, an installer applied Classic Texture as an overlay at less than 1/4 inch thick at the Parr Park Spray ground.
Property management companies rely on Sundek products for their decorative concrete projects more than ever before. When it comes to transforming the appearance of outdoor patios, front porches, driveways, pool decks, interior floors, and other surfaces, this dealer provides unbeatable solutions.
This dealer pioneered the development of products for decorative concrete projects. It is also an industry leader in quality. Because Sundek uses only the best formulas, its products are in high demand. Whether using or recommending Sundek products, property management companies know they can expect a fantastic outcome.
Following are some of the other reasons why property management companies depend on Sundek for decorative concrete projects.
- Product Consistency – Unlike other dealers, you can have 100 percent confidence in the consistency of every product sold by Sundek. For instance, you could have a professional installer apply the SunStamp overlay on your pool deck. To continue the look a month later, you can have the same product applied to the walkway leading from the pool to your home. Because of Sundek’s product consistency, you never have to worry about different results using the same product.
- Quality Tested – Another significant benefit of using Sundek for decorative concrete projects is that every product goes through extensive quality testing. Sundek only sells it after it passes strict requirements.
- Reliable Dealer – Property management companies need to trust the dealer they choose. When recommending Sundek for various decorative concrete projects, there is no doubt that the result will meet, if not exceed, the customer’s expectations.
- Nationwide Coverage – Sundek has dealers throughout the country. Regardless of a property management company’s location, it has a source nearby. Working one on one with a representative helps streamline the process of selecting the right product based on the project.
- Proven Systems – Sundek prides itself on offering proven systems. For almost 50 years, this dealer has delivered the best products on the market for decorative concrete projects.
Are you tired of the way your garage floors look or bothered by surface imperfections caused by dropped tools, stains, hot tire marks, and more? If so, you should consider a new garage floor coating system, like SunOne. This product will transform the look and functionality of the floors, giving you a space that you enjoy.
SunOne, a high-solids hybrid polyaspartic with two components, offers superior abrasion and chemical resistance, making it ideal for garage floors. Available in 16 beautiful colors, you can achieve virtually any look that you want. While many of the colors are subtle, like Bone, Wheat, Sand, Concrete Gray, and Delta Fog, there are a few bold options, including Safety Red, Safety Blue, Safety Yellow, Red Brick, and Seattle Red.
If you prefer a garage floor coating system with more individuality, consider having SunChips added. After the initial application of the SunOne coating, a professional installer can then broadcast SunChips, which create a garage floor coating system that has more personality and character. Because an expert can complete the work in one day, you can be back in your garage working in no time.
As for SunChips, you can select between 12 different multi-colors made from vinyl acrylic paint. Depending on the look that you want to achieve, the installer will embed the correct volume of chips to create the perfect garage floor coating system. As you can imagine, this gives the space an entirely different appearance.
Along with colors, SunChips come in different sizes, including 1/4, 1/8, 5/8, and 1 inch. If you go with the smaller sizes, your garage floor will look as though it has carpeting, whereas, if you select the larger chips, the surface appears more like granite or terrazzo. Beyond the appearance of a SunOne garage floor coating system, the surface becomes more durable and will last much longer, with or without the SunChips.
With warm weather just around the corner, now is the perfect time to focus on updating your outdoor living area. If you prefer an informal, comfortable, and rustic outdoor patio design, SunStamp is an excellent choice of product.
As a type of decorative concrete overlay, SunStamp is perfect for achieving a rustic look and feel. Because of the incredible versatility of this product, combined with modern technology a hint of Old World elegance, a professional installer will have no problem giving you an outdoor patio design that perfectly matches your criteria.
An expert can use your ideas or come up with a rustic design for transforming your existing patio. SunStamp, which is a multifaceted overlay, is an exceptional product. For example, using colored oxides, stains, or an acrylic finish, the installer can create a stunning color. However, this overlay also combines templates, stamps, and freeform carving so that, ultimately, you end up with a customized design unlike any other.
Your new rustic outdoor patio design will wow family members and friends who come to visit. To further enhance your one-of-a-kind masterpiece, you can select the right type of greenery, throw blankets and pillows, lighting, furniture, and more. With everything in place, your patio area will have the rustic appeal you desire. Not only will it look fantastic, it will also provide you with many years of flawless service.
Another advantage of using SunStamp to create a rustic outdoor patio design is that there is no need to rip out the existing concrete surface. Instead, a professional applies this product on top, which helps hide surface imperfections while creating the ideal look. As a result, you can have your patio area ready in plenty of time to entertain guests.
Although you have many options, to get the rustic outdoor patio design that you want, you might consider a surface that resembles river rock, flagstone, brick, or even wood. With the project complete, everyone will love spending time in your backyard.