Posts By: Sundek Coatings
Just because concrete patios are a dime a dozen does not mean yours has to look the same as your neighbor’s. If you want a real show stopper of a patio that leaves people in awe, you need to start by finding inspirational designs. Next, select a reputable installer or contractor who uses superior-quality products, such as SunStone. With those two things combined, the results will surpass your expectations.
When searching for inspiration, keep in mind that you can take designs of concrete patios you like and then use your creativity to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. The goal is to have an outdoor living space that looks stunning but is also fully functional. In other words, along with beauty, check out designs that provide a surface resistant to slips, stains, abrasions, and so on.
Check online for concrete patios and ideas
Visiting home design websites is an excellent place to start. You also can check out ideas on social media. Pinterest has thousands of photos depicting concrete patios in unique styles, colors, textures, and patterns. Even conducting a regular internet search will yield amazing results. With so many possibilities, allow yourself ample time to look at the details, which make the difference between an ordinary patio and something spectacular.
Another way to come up with inspirational designs is by working with an installer who specializes in decorative concrete solutions using a hand-troweled concrete resurfacing product, such as Tuscan. An artisan with many years of experience can offer some suggestions. With the installer’s expertise and your research and creativity, there are no limitations as to what you can accomplish.
You might drive around some of the more affluent or historic areas of where you live to see what other people have done. Friends and family members also make an excellent resource when trying to create unique designs for concrete patios.
Regardless of the direction you take, keep your preferences, the way you typically use the outdoor space, and even the style and color of your house in mind.
Whether you use your garage only as a place to park vehicles or as a combination garage and workshop, you deserve a space that looks just as nice as the interior of your home. Epoxy garage floors are an excellent way to change both the appearance and functionality of this space. A quality coating, like SunEpoxy 54, provides a ton of advantages over other flooring solutions. For that reason, it has become the top choice for homeowners everywhere.
Epoxy garage floors top five benefits
- Durability – No matter how you use your garage, this part of the house takes a beating. Because of that, you need a durable flooring system that provides years of service. When coated with a quality epoxy coating, concrete resists considerably more wear.
- Fast Turnaround – If you want the application process to go quickly, a professional installer can complete the job in only one day. Within 24 hours in most cases, you can walk and park on the floor without any problem.
- Design Possibilities – Design versatility is another benefit of epoxy garage floors. As it is available in multiple colors, textures, and patterns, you can achieve any look you want. You can even have the product enhanced with aggregates, metallic flakes, glass beads, and an assortment of other embellishments. Instead of ordinary floors, this gives you the opportunity to customize their look.
- Incredible Resistance – The combination of an epoxy coating and a top-rated sealer ensures the floors resist stains, oil, grease, antifreeze, chemicals, water, abrasion, impact, hot tire marks, and more. With the application finished, your epoxy garage floors will always look new.
- Easy Cleaning and Maintenance – This coating is also easy to clean and maintain. To keep the floors in pristine condition, all you need to do is sweep and dust mop as required. If you want to clean the entire area, you can spray off any dirt and debris with a garden hose.
While some people could not care less how their garage looks, others want an impeccable space to park their vehicles and work on projects. If you fall into the latter category, turning an otherwise dreary area into a beautiful part of the home starts with choosing one of the top concrete coatings for the floor.
Once you transform the garage floor, you can then start work on other sections. However, concrete coatings do more than just make a garage look incredible. They offer functionality beyond your imagination. When you choose the right coating, it will resist impacts, abrasions, stains, water, oil, grease, and a host of other things commonly associated with a garage.
Polyaspartic concrete coatings are one of the best options. With a product like SunOne, an installer can have the project done in a single day. How? Well, this particular product cures fast, so it takes virtually no time to change the look and functionality of your garage floors.
Epoxy concrete coatings are also excellent choices. If you want something extraordinary, why not create a garage floor that looks like a lava lamp or moon crater? You can achieve that look by having SunMetal FX used in combination with one of the top epoxy products, such as SunEpoxy 100.
With such a vast range of colors, textures, patterns, aggregates, and customized design effects, an installer can create anything that you want. With the project complete, you might not want to pull your vehicles inside, using the garage merely for special projects. Either way, this area will look fantastic and provide you with years of service.
Before making any decision, consider what you want out of concrete coatings and then decide the direction to take. Of course, if you need help, talk to the contractor or installer you hire for the job. Together, you can come up with something no one has ever seen.
Are you tired of the way your garage looks? Do the stains and surface imperfections on the floor bother you? If so, why not select a coating that will completely change the look and function of your concrete garage floors?
Without question, epoxy is the best coating for concrete garage floors. Not only will it give the surface a much-needed boost of color, but it will also hide small pits and cracks. After having the coating applied, it will resist a broad range of things, including stains, water, oil, impacts, abrasions, and more. That means you can park your cars in the garage without worrying about damage.
As for unique ideas using epoxy coatings for concrete garage floors, this is your opportunity to let your creative juices flow. You might think that epoxy is black, when in fact, you can choose from multiple colors. Although the garage is not a direct part of the house, you still want a similar look. For that reason, consider a complementary color. For instance, if you have a Mediterranean style home with matching décor, you might go with Seattle Red or Adobe.
Something else to think about is how an expert can enhance the coating you select. You can create a wow factor by including aggregates in the product. If you want floors that look nothing like that of your neighbors, family, or friends, you could have small pebbles or cobblestones added to the mix. Perhaps you would prefer tiny vinyl acrylic paint chips of color or quartz beads.
Just because you choose a highly functional coating for your concrete garage floors does not mean you have to sacrifice on beauty. By going with a product like SunEpoxy 54 or SunEpoxy 100, you would end up with a seamless surface that looks incredible.
If you need help producing ideas, spend time looking at completed projects online. Although you could copy what someone else did, you might use what you find as inspiration for creating a one-of-a-kind look.
For many homeowners, the garage is just as important as other areas of the house. For instance, people who collect antique or exotic cars want a pristine place to keep their prized possessions. Regardless, it is common for garage floors to house containers of chemicals, solvents, and other potentially damaging substances, making a durable flooring system essential.
Following are five top reasons why epoxy coatings on garage floors are better than other options like paint.
- Resistance – Epoxy is resistant to not only chemicals but also stains, grease, oil, antifreeze, abrasions, impacts, water, and more. In other words, no matter what things spill or drop on these floors, they can handle it.
- Durability – If you have a garage where you park vehicles but also work on projects, you need a durable flooring solution. Epoxy offers just that. When a professional installer uses a superior-quality product, like SunEpoxy 54 or SunEpoxy 100, the floors will provide many years of flawless service.
- Versatility – Just because you want new garage floors does not automatically mean that you must compromise on style. One of the exciting aspects of epoxy coatings is that you can choose more than one color for a one-of-a-kind look. You can also have the installer create gorgeous designs using textures and patterns. With epoxy, the sky is the limit.
- Fast Installation – Epoxy cures and dries quickly. Usually, the installer can complete the project within one to three days. When done, you will have a fully functional garage without any unpleasant lingering odor.
- Enhancements – For gorgeous garage floors, you might consider having colored acrylic flakes, glass beads, granite chips, or some other enhancement added to the formula. With that, an already beautiful floor becomes even more spectacular.
Keep in mind that there are many other reasons why epoxy garage floors are the most popular. Make this part of your home amazing. You will feel proud to pull your vehicle inside and enjoy special projects even more.