Posts By: admin
Eye-catching decorative pool decks are a worthwhile investment that create a visually appealing spot for guests to hang out, and also increase the odds that pictures of your hotel will be shared with potential guests.
With advances in technology and materials, top-of-the-line products create gorgeous decorative concrete pool decks with more versatility. Especially when it comes to concrete overlays, choices like Classic Texture>, Tuscan, and SunStamp are unbeatable. Although different decorative overlays produce unique results, they are all a fantastic way to give your hotel guests a place where they can relax poolside.
One option is by using a spray-on textured acrylic. The advantage here is that you can have a professional SUNDEK installer use different standard and custom effects to create a design unlike any other hotel in the area. The appearance alone leaves a lasting impression, making it easier for people to remember staying at your hotel and the exceptional quality you provided.
However, when using overlays for decorative concrete pool decks, there are other factors to consider. In addition to beautiful colors and design effects, they offer a slip-resistant surface. Because of that, people walking around the pool area are less likely to slip and fall. Not only does that help you from a liability standpoint, it also puts parents with small children at ease.
In fact, many decorative concrete pool decks are cool to the touch. Even on the hottest summer day, your hotel guests can kick their shoes off without burning the soles of their feet. A slip-resistant and a cool surface are just two qualities that overlays provide. With everything combined, the people who stay at your hotel will look forward to their next visit.
Uniquely designed stamped floors can work wonders to enhance the look of your home. A lot of people have no idea that a skilled installer can make custom stamps, meaning there are no limitations as to what you can do. Whether you rely on your creative mind or search the internet for options, the sky is the limit.
You can select any one of the following stamped concrete floor designs as is or use them as inspiration to come up with something extraordinary.
- Border – Instead of having the pattern be monotone throughout consider a border design. For this, you use two stamp patterns. For example, if you have a courtyard patio or a driveway in front of your house, you could choose a design that looks like ashler slate tile on the main field of the pattern and on the edges or outside of the area use a pebble stamp to resemble river rock along the borders and edges.
Checkerboard – For a contemporary home, stamped concrete floors in a pattern that looks like a checkerboard flagstone is ideal. Using complimentary colors you can create a pattern that resembles large slate tile blocks. Whether you have it installed in your foyer, kitchen or great room, you can expect family and friends to feel envious.
- Leaves – An experienced installer can even create a dramatic effect using leaf designs. Applied in different sizes and the colors of fall, this would be a perfect solution for a home in the mountains or woods. Set against a green background, the gold, tan, brown, and red leaves pop and you can see the details within each leaf.
- Medallion or Logo– You can even have a beautiful medallion design installed using stamped concrete. Remember, with customized mats, the concrete expert can create virtually anything that you want. Therefore, you could go with a Celtic medallion, sundial, family crest, or something you designed yourself.
Along with enhancing the interior of your home, with a product like SunStamp, you can use stamped concrete for a broad range of outdoor applications, including driveways, courtyards, patios, walkways, pool decks, and more.
If you want a showstopping patio, begin by looking for design inspiration from other projects. Once you have a general idea of the design you’re looking for, select a reputable installer or contractor who uses superior-quality products, such as SunStone. With those two things combined, the results will surpass your expectations.
When searching for inspiration, keep in mind that you can take designs of concrete patios you like and then use your creativity to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. The goal is to have an outdoor living space that looks stunning but is also fully functional. In other words, along with beauty, check out designs that provide a surface resistant to slips, stains, abrasions, and so on.
Check online for concrete patios and ideas
Visiting home design websites is an excellent place to start. You also can check out ideas on social media. Pinterest has thousands of photos depicting concrete patios in unique styles, colors, textures, and patterns. Even conducting a regular internet search will yield amazing results. With so many possibilities, allow yourself ample time to look at the details, which make the difference between an ordinary patio and something spectacular.
Another way to come up with inspirational designs is by working with an installer who specializes in decorative concrete solutions using a hand-troweled concrete resurfacing product, such as Tuscan. An artisan with many years of experience can offer some suggestions. With the installer’s expertise and your research and creativity, there are no limitations as to what you can accomplish.
You might drive around some of the more affluent or historic areas of where you live to see what other people have done. Friends and family members also make an excellent resource when trying to create unique designs for concrete patios.
Regardless of the direction you take, keep your preferences, the way you typically use the outdoor space, and even the style and color of your house in mind.
Epoxy garage floors have both visual and functional benefits. Whether you’re using your garage as a place to park vehicles or as a combination garage and workshop, you deserve a space that looks just as nice as the interior of your home. A quality coating, like SunEpoxy 54, provides a ton of advantages over other flooring solutions. For that reason, it has become the top choice for homeowners everywhere.
Epoxy garage floors top five benefits
- Durability – No matter how you use your garage, this part of the house takes a beating. Because of that, you need a durable flooring system that provides years of service. When coated with a quality epoxy coating, concrete resists considerably more wear.
- Fast Turnaround – If you want the application process to go quickly, a professional installer can complete the job in only one day. Within 24 hours in most cases, you can walk and park on the floor without any problem.
- Design Possibilities – Design versatility is another benefit of epoxy garage floors. As it is available in multiple colors, textures, and patterns, you can achieve any look you want. You can even have the product enhanced with aggregates, metallic flakes, glass beads, and an assortment of other embellishments. Instead of ordinary floors, this gives you the opportunity to customize their look.
- Incredible Resistance – The combination of an epoxy coating and a top-rated sealer ensures the floors resist stains, oil, grease, antifreeze, chemicals, water, abrasion, impact, hot tire marks, and more. With the application finished, your epoxy garage floors will always look new.
- Easy Cleaning and Maintenance – This coating is also easy to clean and maintain. To keep the floors in pristine condition, all you need to do is sweep and dust mop as required. If you want to clean the entire area, you can spray off any dirt and debris with a garden hose.
Did you know that some decorative coatings work for both horizontal and vertical applications? That means you have far more opportunities to transform your home or business. Along with floors, driveways, patios, and pool decks, you can use several top-of-the-line products to enhance walls, fireplace surrounds, backsplashes, pillars, step fronts, planters, and even furniture.
In fact, not only can you have decorative coatings applied on vertical surfaces but also a variety of materials. For instance, you can change how wood, cinder blocks, stucco, drywall, brick, and an assortment of other things look. All you need is an installer or contractor with experience and the right product. Then the magic begins.
As for the best decorative coatings specifically for vertical applications, one called Classic Texture reigns supreme. First developed in the 1970s, this spray-on acrylic textured overlay works wonders. This coating is one of the most durable and economical on the market today. Also, you can have the coating customized. Whether choosing score lines, masonry effects, or aggregates, this gives you even more options.
If you want to transform an outdoor area, consider an architectural limestone coating. Although there are different companies that claim to have superior decorative coatings available, SunStone is by far the best. This coating even works on foam and pre-cast moldings. Hand-troweled, a highly skilled artisan can customize a design on your behalf or create a vertical application that mimics slate, tile, flagstone, or travertine.
Stamped decorative coatings also deserve your attention. Similar to the architectural limestone coating mentioned, this option allows you to choose a finished surface that looks exactly like brick, rock, wood, slate, flagstone, and more. Just imagine turning an unsightly retaining wall into a masterpiece.
Regardless if you have a small or large project, there are some incredible possibilities. It all comes down to the look you want to achieve. Remember, coatings help hide surface imperfections along with beautifying the area.