Posts By: admin
SUNDEK announced today that it acquired Bullion Coatings in Houston, Texas. Bullion Coatings is one of SUNDEK’s largest installation contractors in the country. SUNDEK is looking forward tofurther build the installation support base and expand their contractor network in the US. In addition,Bullion’s commercial relationships,align with SUNDEK’s overarching objective to continue growing its commercial opportunities.
“The acquisition is an ideal strategic fit for our growing organization, Dale and Karen Bullion, the founders of Bullion Coatings, have a well-respected reputation in the Houston metro and South Texas area. They’ve hired and trained some of the best in the industry”, said, Tonia Primavera, VP of Marketing & Brand. Bullion Coatings, closely aligns with SUNDEK’s overall focus on quality of service, creativity and innovation.
Eye-catching pool decks are a worthwhile investment that create a visually appealing spot for guests to hang out, and also increase the odds that pictures of your hotel will be shared with potential guests.
With advances in resurfacing technology and materials, top-of-the-line products create gorgeous pool decks with more versatility. Especially when it comes to concrete overlays, choices like Classic Texture, Tuscan, and SunStamp are unbeatable. Although different decorative overlays produce unique results, they are all a fantastic way to give your hotel guests a place where they can relax poolside.
One option is by using a spray-on textured acrylic. The advantage here is that you can have a professional installer use different standard and custom effects to create a design unlike any other hotel in the area. The appearance alone leaves a lasting impression, making it easier for people to remember staying at your hotel and the exceptional quality you provided.
However, when using overlays for decorative concrete pool decks, there are other factors to consider. In addition to beautiful colors and design effects, they offer a slip-resistant surface. Because of that, people walking around the pool area are less likely to slip and fall. Not only does that help you from a liability standpoint, it also puts parents with small children at ease.
In fact, many decorative concrete pool decks are cool to the touch. Even on the hottest summer day, your hotel guests can kick their shoes off without burning the soles of their feet. A slip-resistant and a cool surface are just two qualities that overlays provide. With everything combined, the people who stay at your hotel will look forward to their next visit.
Find a local Resurfacing Contractor
Epoxy garage floors have both visual and functional benefits. Whether you’re using your garage as a place to park vehicles or as a combination garage and workshop, you deserve a space that looks just as nice as the interior of your home. A quality coating, like SunEpoxy 54, provides a ton of advantages over other flooring solutions. For that reason, it has become the top choice for homeowners everywhere.
Epoxy garage floors top five benefits
- Durability – No matter how you use your garage, this part of the house takes a beating. Because of that, you need a durable flooring system that provides years of service. When coated with a quality epoxy coating, concrete resists considerably more wear.
- Fast Turnaround – If you want the application process to go quickly, a professional installer can complete the job in only one day. Within 24 hours in most cases, you can walk and park on the floor without any problem.
- Design Possibilities – Design versatility is another benefit of epoxy garage floors. As it is available in multiple colors, textures, and patterns, you can achieve any look you want. You can even have the product enhanced with aggregates, metallic flakes, glass beads, and an assortment of other embellishments. Instead of ordinary floors, this gives you the opportunity to customize their look.
- Incredible Resistance – The combination of an epoxy coating and a top-rated sealer ensures the floors resist stains, oil, grease, antifreeze, chemicals, water, abrasion, impact, hot tire marks, and more. With the application finished, your epoxy garage floors will always look new.
- Easy Cleaning and Maintenance – This coating is also easy to clean and maintain. To keep the floors in pristine condition, all you need to do is sweep and dust mop as required. If you want to clean the entire area, you can spray off any dirt and debris with a garden hose.
Find a local Garage Floor Contractor
Uniquely designed stamped floors can work wonders to enhance the look of your home. A lot of people have no idea that a skilled installer can make custom stamps, meaning there are no limitations as to what you can do. Whether you rely on your creative mind or search the internet for options, the sky is the limit.
You can select any one of the following stamped concrete floor designs as is or use them as inspiration to come up with something extraordinary.
- Border – Instead of having the pattern be monotone throughout consider a border design. For this, you use two stamp patterns. For example, if you have a courtyard patio or a driveway in front of your house, you could choose a design that looks like ashler slate tile on the main field of the pattern and on the edges or outside of the area use a pebble stamp to resemble river rock along the borders and edges.
Checkerboard – For a contemporary home, stamped concrete floors in a pattern that looks like a checkerboard flagstone is ideal. Using complimentary colors you can create a pattern that resembles large slate tile blocks. Whether you have it installed in your foyer, kitchen or great room, you can expect family and friends to feel envious.
- Leaves – An experienced installer can even create a dramatic effect using leaf designs. Applied in different sizes and the colors of fall, this would be a perfect solution for a home in the mountains or woods. Set against a green background, the gold, tan, brown, and red leaves pop and you can see the details within each leaf.
- Medallion or Logo– You can even have a beautiful medallion design installed using stamped concrete. Remember, with customized mats, the concrete expert can create virtually anything that you want. Therefore, you could go with a Celtic medallion, sundial, family crest, or something you designed yourself.
Along with enhancing the interior of your home, with a product like SunStamp, you can use stamped concrete for a broad range of outdoor applications, including driveways, courtyards, patios, walkways, pool decks, and more.
Find a local Stamped Resurfacing Contractor
The most exciting aspect of resurfacing concrete is it completely transforms a variety of surfaces. Along with enhanced beauty, the right products make the surface more durable and longer lasting. For stained concrete, an acid-based product like SunAcid or a water-based product like Sun-H20 are the most popular choices. While both produce incredible results, many people question whether they work well for both indoor and outdoor applications.
The answer is yes. However, the way stained concrete looks and functions vary depending on whether you go with an acid or water-based solution. Whether interested in transforming your driveway, walkway, patio, pool deck, floors, countertops, or some other surface, it is essential to understand the differences between the two options to ensure you know what to expect with a finished project.
For instance, an acid stain penetrates the surface, making the color permanent. After seeping into the pores, it reacts to chemicals in the concrete, resulting in a marbled and translucent effect. Keep in mind that a professional can also streak, dilute, and blend colors, giving you more options for creativity. This type of stain is also extremely durable and creates a timeless appearance indoors and outdoors.
Another option is water stained concrete. You should choose this over the acid counterpart for a broader range of colors. A water-based product offers vibrant hues, unlike an acid stain. You can have this applied both indoors and outdoors to transform any type of horizontal surfaces. Along with unlimited color effects, a water-based stain is nontoxic and wears well, even in high-traffic areas.
Also worth noting is with stained concrete, you can have a sealer applied. That way, your newly transformed surface has an extra layer of protection. For this, opt for a clear sealer or one with a hint of color. Either way, you will find it easier to keep all surfaces in pristine condition.
Find a local Staining Contractor