Before hiring just any decorative concrete contractor to work on your home or business, you should know the most seven critical things to look for so that you choose the right individual. After all, you want the finished project to meet or surpass your expectations, which is only possible when specific things are in place.
- Experience – One of the most important criteria to look for in a decorative concrete contractor is experience. You want to hire someone with years in this business, specifically someone who has experience working with the type of concrete coating that you want to have installed.
- Product Choice – It is also essential to look for a contractor who uses only superior quality products, like SunEpoxy 100, SunStamp, SunStone, and Tuscan.
- Licensing – Any decorative concrete contractor worth hiring will have current licensing. With that, you have greater peace of mind in the person’s ability and dedication.
- Insurance – You also want to hire a contractor who maintains proper insurance coverage, not only for their protection but also yours. That way, if the person fails to finish the project or gets injured while on the job, you are not legally or financially liable.
- Excellent Communication – Especially if you are not sure what you want, it is imperative to hire a decorative concrete contractor who can offer suggestions and provide guidance. The person should be easy to communicate with before, during, and after the job.
- References – A professional contractor will gladly provide you with a list of references, both recent and from the past. With that, you can get firsthand feedback.
- Professionalism – Finally, make sure that the decorative concrete contractor you hire is 100 percent professional at all times. That does not mean that the individual cannot be funny and personable, but that person’s primary goal is to do an outstanding job to ensure your satisfaction.