For many homeowners, the garage is just as important as other areas of the house. For instance, people who collect antique or exotic cars want a pristine place to keep their prized possessions. Regardless, it is common for garage floors to house containers of chemicals, solvents, and other potentially damaging substances, making a durable flooring system essential.
Following are five top reasons why epoxy coatings on garage floors are better than other options like paint.
- Resistance – Epoxy is resistant to not only chemicals but also stains, grease, oil, antifreeze, abrasions, impacts, water, and more. In other words, no matter what things spill or drop on these floors, they can handle it.
- Durability – If you have a garage where you park vehicles but also work on projects, you need a durable flooring solution. Epoxy offers just that. When a professional installer uses a superior-quality product, like SunEpoxy 54 or SunEpoxy 100, the floors will provide many years of flawless service.
- Versatility – Just because you want new garage floors does not automatically mean that you must compromise on style. One of the exciting aspects of epoxy coatings is that you can choose more than one color for a one-of-a-kind look. You can also have the installer create gorgeous designs using textures and patterns. With epoxy, the sky is the limit.
- Fast Installation – Epoxy cures and dries quickly. Usually, the installer can complete the project within one to three days. When done, you will have a fully functional garage without any unpleasant lingering odor.
- Enhancements – For gorgeous garage floors, you might consider having colored acrylic flakes, glass beads, granite chips, or some other enhancement added to the formula. With that, an already beautiful floor becomes even more spectacular.
Keep in mind that there are many other reasons why epoxy garage floors are the most popular. Make this part of your home amazing. You will feel proud to pull your vehicle inside and enjoy special projects even more.